Saturday, February 26, 2011

You all know how it works by now...

I disappear for a month or more, return sheepish, apologize profusely for disappearing, and rinse and repeat after that post.


Well, I had more or less planned on having a hiatus last term. That is, I hadn't thought about it beforehand, but when it ended up happening I was okay with it. That's what happened my first year at CCM as well. But this term I had not planned on it. I have a post in the works on culture shock as a musician, but alas, it may have to wait for two more weeks, until the end of this term.

I have been, and remain, so busy. Last term I played in orchestras, workshops, chamber groups. This term I've played in an opera, an orchestra concert of Rachmaninoff 2 and Dvorak Cello Concerto, and broken very briefly into the world of church gigs. Then another oboist at the university had to have his appendix out, and there suddenly was an oboe shortage! I've picked up three gigs from him, and between now and March 11 I'm playing in my college orchestra, Bach's St. Matthew's Passion, another orchestra concert, Bach's St. John's Passion, a chamber orchestra, and Brahms Requiem.

And I still have to get my school work done!

So my apologies, I'm very sheepish, please forgive me. In short, I am loving my course, and Oxford is fantastic oboe-wise as well; there is so much music here.

3 comments:

FX said...

racheloboes, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: http://forex-highest-paying-keyword.blogspot.com

visio 2010 sale said...

If you're an newbie with Visio Visio 2010 ShapeSheet supplements, all of these treatments kind of like methods when it comes to Exceed, however you may use these kinds of formulations to this method and also recalculate a sharp graphics.Consumers will never can see a dialogue container, a Microsoft visio 2010 access point from the pen], is unable to whatsoever to gain access to that discussion system. An individual can easily exchange signal of regulate for the check of the handwriting system, to successfully customize tattoo dog pens content. ShapeSheet worksheet is usually was able to save Visio pulling in advice. With the ShapeSheet with recent styles in Visio Visio 2010 download system will be good. Microsoft visio 2010 download

Monika Kucsera said...

Hi there,
I have found your blog, which I really like it. I enjoyed to read your posts. Hopefully, you will continue it.
I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts and ideas on Glipho? It's a quite new social publishing platform, where you can connect to every social network accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc). Really easy to use it and communicate with your followers. In additional, you are able to import your posts too.
Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about Glipho.
If you would like to set up your account, please do not hesitate to ask me for further information.
We are always delighted to get any feedback about the things which do or don’t work for you.
I hope you will join to Glipho community soon. It's so much fun! :)
All the best,
Monika