Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Orchestra was a blast tonight. I suppose technically speaking it wasn't that great of a rehearsal. It's not that we sounded bad, we just didn't really get anything done. However, that was because everyone was distracted by costumes. Yes, they told us to wear Halloween costumes to rehearsal. The viola section was Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, our conductors were the Cat in the Hat and Harry Potter, our concertmaster was an '80s hair band rocker, and we also had Chewbacca, Raggedy Ann, a railway bandit, "The Banana King" (no-one could really figure that one out), a wolf, a few doctors and some unidentifiable things, and me as Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Because really, what better costume for a musician than all black with a little bit of make-up. :-)


I've been having bad reed luck for the past week or so- they all come out weak and bright and wimpy. I think it's a) a bad batch of cane and b) the fact that our weather is behaving properly, with cold nights and warm days. It was hot for so long, and then cold all the time for a few days, and now I think my reeds just don't know what to do. I'll get them into shape, though. Eventually.

No comments: